East Midlands Records
Download an Excel document of the current East Midlands records.
Due to the change in bodyweight categories starting on the 1st Jan 2011 these old records will remain unchanged. Download
Whilst these old records will effectively be frozen and can no longer be broken by lifters after Jan 1st, they can still be updated by legal lifts done prior to December 31st 2010.
East Midlands powerlifting records are open to any member of the East Midlands Powerlifting Association (EMPA). The qualifying lifts have to be carried out at a properly organised competition under Great Britain Powerlifting Federation rules (not in your local gym regardless of how trustworthy your training partner is!)
To claim a record contact the records registrar of the EMPA, Ian Finch (email), and provide him with the following details:
1. The competition and the venue, i.e. The East Midlands Bench Press 2010 at Hamiltons Fitness, Colchester.
2. The date of the competition.
3. Your bodyweight, as weighed at the competition, and the class that you lifted in.
4. Whether you lifted equipped or unequipped.
5. The age category you are claiming for, i.e. Under 20, Masters 1, &c.
6. The type of lift claimed, i.e Bench Press, and the amount that you lifted.
From this the Records Registrar will update the records database. If you would like a certificate celebrating your achievement please send the Records Registrar your address and two first stamps. If you have broken more than one record at a single competition, i.e. senior squat record, masters 1 squat record and total record, it is customary for one certificate to be made out to cover all of them. If you would like a separate certificate for each of your records please enclose two first class stamps for each (two certificates equals four stamps, three certificates equals six stamps &c.).